To Do List
Please see the following talkpages:
A page on legislation wouldn't be bad...
This sick puppy needs a page of her own. http://www.aids.harvard.edu/news/spotlight/archives/v7i1_plank_profile.html
Suggestion - table summarizing HIV studies and their backers
Sorry for suggesting something without starting it, but I'm really swamped right now and can't work on this for a couple of months perhaps. But if someone wants to start the table, maybe we can slowly start adding stuff over time. (I don't know HTML and Wiki formatting very well, so I'm not sure what the best way to start this page is).
Circleaks should have a table that lists of all the HIV/circ studies in Africa (or elsewhere), (or at least the most well-known/influential, if there are too many) and who was behind them, so people can get a quick sense of what has been going on.
The table should include:
- what org sponsoreed what (in organizational hierarchies and what country funds them) [e.g. WHO >> NIH (nat'l inst. of health) >> NIAID (Nat'l inst. of Allergy and Infec. Diseases) ; (USA) ]
- what lead researcher was doing it (i.e. a known circumcision researcher/proponent?, or someoen whose career is invested in finding a link)
- Type of study (randomized controlled trials, retrospective studies, etc.)
- How seriously mainstream medicine interprets the results (flawed studies? )
- Links to criticisms of methodological flaws by intactivists (either generally for this type of study, or specifically of this study)
- What the result(s) was/were (e.g. no correlation found, slight correlation found, etc.)
- Whether or not is was highly touted in the press ("landmark study") e.g. [2006 50/60% decrease study]
Bocagrande 19:37, 16 October 2011 (CDT)
Idioms to use:
The tail that wags the dog...
The fox guarding the hen house...
The fox that lost its tail [aesop fable] Bocagrande 19:37, 16 October 2011 (CDT)
Talk Page Tutorial
Remember when you asked if there was a way to remove Disclaimer from the Main Page and/or bottom of all pages? Well, it’s removed.
- So have we decided what pages are absolutely necessary? (IE, About vs disclaimer vs Mission Statement etc., etc...)
- Orly21 19:45, 4 April 2011 (CDT)
- Perhaps we should just create an all-inclusive page. Others have suggested that we look at already present whistleblower sites (i.e. wikileaks) and model our policy/about/faq etc. pages after them.Orly21 21:11, 4 April 2011 (CDT)
For shang ring and other organizations pushing it as a "tool" in Africa: