Talk:Brian J. Morris
The information on Morris' profile is all factual and verifiable, as we provide sources. I think it's rather telling that characterizing Morris as an advocate, and highlighting that his website links to fetish sites come across to him as "libel and ad hominem." It says he follows the intactivist movement as someone with a very personal stake in the outcome, and is not the dispassionate scientist he pretends to be.Orly21 10:04, 8 March 2011 (CST)
And, speaking of which, I was quite certain that Morris engaged in quite a bit of libel and ad-hominem himself. Isn't he on record calling people against circumcision "foreskin fetishists" or something to that effect? He's said much worse, I'm sure. We need to find these quotes and post them here. I think before balking at the kettle, the pot needs to realize it's black.Orly21 17:13, 8 March 2011 (CST)
- We should have those comments on Robert Van Howe's latest study, "Unmitigated Garbage."--Mazzera 17:34, 14 May 2011 (CDT)
- Could you provide a link? Thanks.--Thedirt 16:29, 20 September 2011 (CDT)
High Economic Class
Here's a Juicy find from a 60 minutes segment back in 2007. Here you find Brian Morris spewing all kinds of circumcision fiction. The most noteworthy to me is his little claim that being circumcised results in high socio-economic status. Just how stupid does he think his listeners are?
There's all kinds of juicy quotes that can be gleaned from this segment.Orly21 18:45, 9 March 2011 (CST)
Doesn't Brian Morris claim that smegma causes cervical cancer? If his claims are correct, then women are some of the most unfortunate creatures on earth; they produce smegma, and in more copious ammounts than males, which means that women give themselves cervical cancer...Orly21 18:55, 9 March 2011 (CST)
- I'm not sure if Morris has said this, but I know his friend Alex Wodak has. I plan to add that to his page.--Thedirt 22:09, 9 March 2011 (CST)
Is who hosts Brian's site relevant?
An intactivist who wishes to remain anonymous submitted this info:
"his employer, Sydney Uni, is hosting his dreadful website.
Name Server: PHOENIX.PHYSIOL.USYD.EDU.AU
I just don't know why this would be even relevant... oh well, we'll see... Orly21 05:25, 10 March 2011 (CST)
Brian Morris' circumcision
Brian's website indicates that he was born in South Australia in 1950 and circumcised soon after birth. I think this is relevant and should be part of the article. It seems to have affected his psychological development.
Brian Morris' Bias
I am not Jewish, nor a medical practitioner or lawyer, so have no religious bias or medico-legal concerns that might get in the way of a rational presentation of the information that has been published in reputable journals. I have no involvement in clinical medicine.--About the Author - Professor Brian J. Morris
- No, he's not a Jewish or a medical practitioner or lawyer, but he does write advice books for parents and talk an awful lot on the news. He does have money to make from his books and must maintain credibility to do so.Orly21 01:52, 2 September 2011 (CDT)
Does a circumcision fetish get in the way of a rational representation of the information that has been published in reputable journals?--Tong 17:31, 14 March 2011 (CDT)
- If a circumcision fetish doesn't get in the way of objective, rational representation of information in reputable journals, the fact that Brian Morris grew up in a time when circumcision was a norm may (see bias page). In fact, circumcision was still envogue in Australia up until the 1970s, and it's still a habit that is rather slow to death (Isn't the circumcision rate there like 20-30% still?). I'm willing to bet Morris is himself circumcised, and this in and of itself plays a role. "There's nothing wrong with me; it's normal penises that have a problem." Now, Morris hasn't exactly come out and said he is a circumfetishist, but he is suspect, as he defends circumcision "because it's popular among the ladies"(have you seen his silly video in his "humor" section?),and his own website does link to quite a few circumfetish websites. We have saved screen shots of his website, so if he changes them we still have the proof.Orly21 20:30, 14 March 2011 (CDT)
brianm IP lookup
- Country: Australia
- State: New South Wales
- City: Sydney
- ISP: University of Sydney
- Organization: University of Sydney
- Host: proxy-web-prd-ext-2.ucc.usyd.edu.au
More information about Brian's IP address: http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/184.108.40.206
More information about the host here: http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/usyd.edu.au